MISSION & VISION
Our mission is to provide consistent and dependable power and water services to our customers in a sustainable and economical manner.
The following values are fundamental to the City of Oberlin’s success and the fulfillment of our mission:
1. Excellence and Customer Service. We believe we work on behalf of the residents of Oberlin and we feel our number one priority is to provide prompt local customer service.
2. Fiscal Responsibility. We strive to ensure competitive electric and water rates by taking advantage of market conditions to control costs and maintain long term savings.
3. Quality in the delivery of service. We make the City of Oberlin a better place to live and work by updating and maintaining a modern underground electric and water system.
4. Treating citizens with respect.We treat all citizens with courtesy and respect.
5. Ethics and Integrity. We believe that ethics and integrity are the foundation blocks of public trust and confidence.
6. Professionalism. We believe that continuous improvement is the mark of professionalism and are committed to applying this principle to the services we offer and the development of our employees.
2015 Municipal Utility Goals
Goal No. 1. Ensure the Utilities continued long range sustainability by improving financing arrangements.
Goal No. 2. Continue to implement the underground electric system to provide increased safety for our customers, improved City wide appearance, and improved system reliability.
Goal No. 3. Continue to provide quality drinking water that meets or exceeds the federal drinking water standards for levels of contaminants.
Goal No. 4. Continue to ensure that our water and electric systems and rate structures support and encourage economic activity and growth.